Hand in Hand has created a number of giveaways to help you share Parenting by Connection with your community. Here is a list of the ones we use most frequently:
- Free download of the Tantrums booklet (Links to an external site.)
- Free download of the Setting Limits booklet (Links to an external site.)
- Free video series on Special Time (Links to an external site.) (includes Special Time checklist)
- Free video series on Aggression in Children (Links to an external site.)
- Free download of 5 Ideas to Make Parenting Less Stressful (Links to an external site.)
- Free audio podcast Setting Limits on Screen Time (Links to an external site.)
There are many ways to use these items. I’ll list a few ideas and you can also add your own:
- Send the link for one of the giveaways to your local cheerleaders (even if it’s only a small group) and ask them to share it with friends.
- Ask us at Hand in Hand to send a giveaway of your choice to the contacts on our list in your area with an introduction and link to your Instructor Bio. (“Did You Know There is a Certified Parenting by Connection Instructor Teaching Near You?”)
- Offer to send one of the giveaways to people you meet or present to if they will leave you their email address. When you get home, enter the email addresses into the giveaway page and it will automatically be sent to your new contact. Follow up a week later asking how they liked it and share an article from the website with them.
- Talk about the topic of one of the giveaways on social media and then share the link. Follow up a few days later with an article from the website that takes another look at the same topic, or a blog post of one of your anecdotes on the topic.
- Place an ad in the local parent magazine with your contact info and say something like, “Email me for your free video tips to help your child with aggression.” Enter the email addresses into the giveaway page and it will automatically be sent to your new contact. Follow up with them a week later to see what they thought or if they have any questions from the giveaway.
- Email a contact or two in a new community you want to introduce yourself to (local preschool, mother’s club, YMCA, or parent resource center) with the giveaway link. Let them know it is free for them to share with their community. Let them know how to contact you if they have questions. Follow up in a week with another link to an article from the website they might find helpful.