Hand in Hand wants to grow and reach parents around the world. The most important way for Hand in Hand to grow, is for your parenting work to grow. You are the hands in this organization! Most of the work that we do from the office is designed to allow more parents to find you and your talks, workshops, classes, and support groups.
From years of research we know that some parents connect with their local instructors much faster than others. The average parent who signs up for the Hand in Hand newsletter might take 18-22 months before they take a class or attend an event locally. BUT, parents who participate in a free parenting call or purchase booklets or podcasts, or take one of our online Parent Rescue Series classes connect with their local instructor 4-5xs faster.
We have talked a lot already about reaching parents through free parenting calls, now let’s focus on how affiliate links can help you to help parents when they really need you. The Hand in Hand affiliate program allows you to:
- Help parents get to know about Hand in Hand and how it can help them right away
- Share useful resources that can help solve problems in parents’ lives
- Grows your local network of parents and builds your outreach creating an audience for future events
- Allows you to start making money while you build your parenting business
Here’s how it works:
- You decide which of the Hand in Hand resources you want to talk to parents about. You can choose the new book Listen, the Listening to Children booklet sets, Podcast collections, annual membership in the Parent Club, or any of the Parent Rescue Series online classes. Unless you already have a specialty in your parenting work, Listen and the Setting Limits and Building Cooperation Parent Rescue Series class would be useful for any instructor to share. But choose the ones that have been most helpful for you. You can have links for any or all of the resources to share with your community.
- Join the affiliate program, get your login, find your unique links for the products you’ll be promoting. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org telling him that you’d like to participate and letting him know which of the resources you’d like access to. Choose if you would like to be paid by check or have commissions sent directly into your PayPal account. He will send you back your login information. Once you login to the affiliate software, Omnistar, you’ll be able to see your account, find and copy your unique product links, and see an image you can use with the resources you’ll share.
- Now you’re ready to start letting parents know how the resource you chose can help them. Let’s say you chose Setting Limits and Building Cooperation. You could share a simple social media post saying something like, “Are power struggles with your child leaving you annoyed or exhausted? Are you wondering why your child just can’t seem to listen? Are your own frustrations spilling over at home? This self-paced tutorial from Hand in Hand Parenting provides insights and strategies to make you a calm confident limit setter.” And then include your personalized link. But you don’t need to write an elaborate paragraph every time. Most of those phrases I lifted directly off the website page for this class (Links to an external site.). Just look at the marketing materials that are already out there for the resources you want to share, and change them to fit your particular audience. You can do the same with images and banners.
- You can share your link in an email message to your growing community and ask them to share it with friends who might want a little help setting good limits. You can write a post for your social media or blog about setting limits and share the link. Share a great setting limits anecdote with your local family, parenting, or community newspaper or the Huffington Post. You can create a simple, inexpensive social media ad and set it to be shown to people near you who might be interested in both your services and knowing more about Hand in Hand. You could create an ad for the local mother’s group/parent club. You could offer to email it to people you connect with at parenting related events, or at a talk you give, or at a local parenting group, community group, or PTA meeting. Get creative!
- Each purchase made by someone using your personalized link gives you a commission. For example, you get 10% of each annual Parent Club membership that comes through your link, 30% for copies of “Listen” or online Parent Rescue Series classes, and 50% of each podcast collection. You’re helping parents get good quality information, building your own outreach, community, and audience, allowing Hand in Hand to grow and have more of an influence on the world of parenting, and making a little money doing it. That’s a win for parents, a win for Hand in Hand, and a win for you and your growing parenting work.